Our training is proven in proactive, research based, practical, and easy to implement. We provide flexibility to best meet the needs unique to your campus. Participants will learn techniques to meet students where they are and lead them to where they need to be, capture attention, promote deeper learning, and engage students’ emotion.
8:30 am – 12:00 pm
Make the connection between differentiated instruction and student engagement and motivation
- Clarify your understanding of what differentiated instruction is and isn’t.
- Learn the pillars of differentiated instruction.
- Assess which components of student engagement and motivation would be most valuable to focus upon.
- Understand how multiple intelligences and learning modalities impact student engagement.
Gain tools for promoting positive feelings in the classroom
- Explore ways to bring more of yourself into the classroom.
- Use movement to stimulate positive affect and deepen understanding.
- Learn fun strategies to ask for and respond to student feedback.
Discover strategies for stimulating attention and interest
- Keep students on their toes with a variety of randomization techniques.
- Capture students’ attention and lead them to deeper levels of understanding through specific questioning techniques.
- Rediscover storytelling as a way to draw students into learning.
Lunch 12:00 – 1:00 pm
1:00 – 3:30 pm
Design lessons that are high on the “meaningful and relevant” meter
- Guide students to make personal connections to key concepts.
- Use a fresh approach to visual images to stimulate interest and engagement.
- Encourage input from everyone with brainstorming.
Help students build confidence and self-efficacy
- Prepare kids to respond on demand and under pressure.
- Learn safe, fun ways for students to show what they know.
…and much more!
- Reach students you’ve never reached before.
- Facilitate deeper levels of understanding and learning.
- Be better equipped to recognize and respond to individual needs and interests.
- Collaborate with your colleagues to enhance your learning and teaching effectiveness.
- Have more fun with your teaching!
Teachers will know...
...practical methods to build interest with students
...how to motivate the unmotivated
...how to use Storytelling for Project-Based Learning
...how to grab and keep student interest
...how to incorporate fun and divergent ways of learning
...how to develop critical thinking in the student’s approach to learning
...how this can be modified for all kids and communities
...how to become real to their students
...how to use human graphing to get immediate feedback from students
...how to quickly assess how effective their lesson is going